Okay, hold on, gotta put up the MB-Keeper-Outer-Electric-Fences. *puts up the MB-Keeper-Outer-Electric-Fences* Sorry, inside joke, most people won't get it. The only person that will I just out up electric fences to keep out. XD
Anyway, on to the actual PURPOSE of this blog! (Yes, this blog does have a purpose.)
I'm starting a collab! Course, most of my friends (okay, like six of them. I seriously hope that I have more than six friends on here), already are IN a collab, but still, I'm starting one.
I've been wanting to do one for a while. If you're interested, tell me in the comments. I'll determine who wins it by a contest. Not my writing contest, a different one. First, however, I need to find out if anybody is actually going to join.
So tell me! And, to my friends who already are in the other collab, do not feel pressured to join. Really. I mean that. You don't have to join if you don't want to/don't feel up to it. I won't be offended or anything. I'm trying this out, but if it doesn't work, oh well. I'll try again later.
- Two people can join. Only two, because, bossy as I am, I'm super lazy, and I don't feel like keeping track of too many people, plus myself.
- I've got a plot idea *tries to think of the plot idea*, but it's top-secret until the collab is finished. Or at least out. So, no spoilers here! *resists urge to start spewing spoilers*
- I need to know what time you can be on. If you can only be writing from like, 10:00 to 10:30, on Wednesday morning, I need to know that. Mainly cuz I'm bossy. XD
- When it's your turn to write a chapter, you have to write your chapter. Not to be mean, or anything, but I do need the chapters out when we need them. And I'm certainly not going to write your chapters for you XD
- Most importantly, I need to know when you can chat. You know, to discuss the plot ideas.
I think that's all for now. I may think of other things to add, but for now, that's all.
To join my collab, I can't really just choose two people, since more people than that might want to join. So I'm doing another contest, to decide who it's gonna be. It's pretty simple, really.
I'm going to give you all the same strict plot, character, and rules. All you have to do is follow the rules and the plot, while staying true to the character's personality. All you have to write is one sample chapter. Nothing too long, since I want to start this now, and not later.
If any part of this confuses you, tell me. And enter in the contest. I'll start it soon! :D
The Actual Contest:
Leafdew is a beautiful young she-cat, with glowing amber eyes, and a glossy black pelt. Her fur is long and thick, and soft as feathers.
Her worst enemy is her rival, Mossdapple, who is in the same Clan as she is. They fight over many things, but mainly love for the same cat, Lionfang.
Leafdew tends to be a little vain, knowing that she is prettier then all the other cats in her Clan, and believing that she is better than Mossdapple and deserves Lionfang for herself. Despite that, she is gentle and kind, helping any young cats who need her help--regardless of what Clan they're in.
Plot: Leafdew was out on a hunting patrol with Lionfang, and her rival, Mossdapple. The two she-cats clashed, annoying Lionfang. Finally, their quarreling attracted the attention of a hungry badger, and the three of them have to fight for their life, against an enemy much bigger than they are.
Leafdew has to learn how to work with cats, even if she doesn't like them.
What happens next is up to you. So, basically, whether they win or lose is up to you. One of them could die, run away, whatever.
- Stay true to the character's personality. I put a lot of work into it, but more importantly, this is about seeing if you can stick to the character you're given. 3 points.
- While making sure the character's personality stays the same, try to work some character development in there. I want to make sure that you can progress your characters as they grow. 1 point.
- Stick to the plot. I didn't give you one so that you could go wild making one of your own. I'll allow a little flexibility, since, after all, this is your writing, and I want to see what it's like, but not too much. 2 points.
- No copying. Don't copy someone else's chapter. I want to see your writing, and that includes your spin on the chapter idea that I give you. 1 point.
- Have colorful descriptions of the background. Make sure the layout pops, that we know exactly where the character is? and how beautiful it is there. That having been said, don't make the entire chapter descriptions. I DO want to hear the actual chapter progressing! 1 point.
- Emotions! I want some strong emotions in there! Have the character feel what's going on, not just tell it. 1 point.
- And most importantly... BE CREATIVE! I'm giving you the plot and the character, yes, but you can still experiment with the actual story! I definately want to see how you interpret my plot. :D 1 point.
The most points you can have is 10. If there's a tie, then I'll give the people who tied another random chapter to do.
It doesn't have to be long. Not really short, either, but not terribly long. About the size of a finished chapter from Wilted Apples (so not Chapter Three, cuz I'm not done with that one yet).
And it can be from 1st person or 3rd person. Whichever you're most comfortable with. The actual collab will have to be all from the same whatever person (1st or 3rd, I haven't decided yet), but this doesn't.
And lastly, it has to be from.... MarshClan! You can decide what you think MarshClan is like.
You can post your chapters here.
I think that's all. You have till the 24th to finish it. That is, you only have today, tomorrow, and the day after. Have fun :D