New Features in MediaWiki 1.13
- Double redirects are detected and fixed when moving pages. For instance, when a page is moved a redirect is created. However if that page is moved again a double redirect can be created (Redirect -> Page; Redirect -> Page(moved)/Redirect -> Page). This is now detected and fixed.
- A "magic word", __STATICREDIRECT__ will supress the redirect fixer. If the page to be automatically fixed has this word on it, it will not be changed.
- Subpages of a given article can automatically be moved when a user moves the article.
- Special:FileDuplicateSearch will help users find identical files and images on the wiki.
- Special:ListGroupRights will give a list of user rights, what they mean, and (in some cases) what users have those rights.
- Special:UserRights and Special:SpecialPages have been redesigned to streamline the existing design and modify the layout. For Special:UserRights, rights assignment has been made clearer.
- Special:Recentchangeslinked and Special:WhatLinksHere now contain more options for customisation and display. Special:Recentchangeslinked has also been updated with an improved interface.
- Special:Shortpages and Special:Longpages now return pages in all content namespaces, not the main namespace.
- Special:Specialpages is now organized by the type of page.
- There are two new Parser Functions: PAGESINCATEGORY: Returns the number of pages in a given category (including sub-category pages and file description pages) and PAGESIZE: Returns the byte size of the specified page.
- Better behavior when users that click red links but have no permission to edit. They are now taken to a new article page rather than a rights error page.
- Search results show image thumbnails - When searching for images or other text, image matches will display a thumbnail in the search results page.
- Adding __HIDDENCAT__ on a category page will cause the category to be hidden on the article page.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.